Lucuma is an extremely nourishing fruit all the way from Peru. Locals call it the "Gold of Incas" and celebrate it as the symbols of fertility. Being abundant in vitamins, minerals, and protein, lucuma brings powerful benefits to you, including supporting your skin health, blood sugar levels, and even cardiovascular health.
From outside, it looks like an avocado, but inside it is a yellow, soft and sweet fruit that's a perfect cross between a caramel and a sweet potato in the world of fruits. Though it's sweet enough to satisfy your cravings, it has a low glycemic index, making it suitable for diabetics and those watching their sugar intake.
Though finding fresh lucuma may be difficult if you are not in Peru or near an ethnic supermarket, lucuma powder has become a widely available superfood supplement, bringing you all the benefits you need. Lucuma, powder or fresh is a perfect addition to smoothies, complete protein shakes and baking recipes.
One way to make your body really happy and healthy is by giving it lots of lucuma.
- High in beta-carotene: lts yellow-orange color is rich in beta-carotene, an antioxidant and important source of vitamin A which our bodies need to improve eyesight, promete cell growth and even helps the immune system reactions.
- Natural low GI sweetener: Lucuma offers a light sweetness without creating a massive influx of sugar into your bloodstream, the way that sugar does, so it can be used as a natural low GI sweetener. This makes it safe for diabetics, and great for the rest of us to help stabilise blood sugar.
- A good source of fiber: Even once it is dried and ground into a superfine powder, we can reap lucuma's roughage benefits! Per 1 00g serving, lucuma powder will provide roughly 2.3g of dietary fiber, thereby helping to support good digestion and bowel health.
- Offers A Major Nutrient Hit: This fruit contains an elixir of 14 trace minerals, as well as many other essential vitamins.
- Rich in antioxidants: Lucuma's rich antioxidant content means it helps to fight and prevent disease, fight free radicals, and slow the aging process.